Work at Sprayway
A team with a 'thirst' and some 'first's'
Based just outside Manchester on the edge of the Peak District, a small, eclectic bunch of tea drinking hillwalkers make up the team here at Sprayway. From experienced industry vets to fresh out of uni newbies we all share the same passion for product, knowledge and a desire to inspire and enable.
Fancy joining the team? Then check out our latest vacancies below.
Product Developer: Sprayway
Hillwalking, it’s in our DNA - we eat, sleep, live it. We are obsessed, it’s this obsession that drives us daily, to design and create ‘function first’ outdoor clothing, something we have done since we cut and sewed our first jacket back in ‘74.
An outstanding opportunity now exists for a highly organised individual with a passion for developing technical apparel to join our Manchester based design team. As Product developer you will assist in the development of Sprayway products, ensuring the styles are to brief, fit and of high quality.
To assist designer with development of all new ranges:
- Create specific size chart to compliment the design
- Co-ordinate fit sessions to ensure best possible fit (tweak size charts if necessary)
- Co-ordinate all trims and components to use with new range
- Give advice to designer with regards to features and construction when required
- To complete seasonal sizing research (both consumer and retailer based) where required
To work with the factory to ensure that samples are to specification of designer and are delivered on time
To assist in preparation for annual sales meetings
To assist the designer in presentation of design development and final range to other teams.
To compile detailed garment specifications for garment factory, including graded size charts, trim details, construction methods
To provide detailed technical advice/ assistance to factories on a daily basis
To manage the sealing process from bulk buy to cutting
- Size set appraisal
- PP sample appraisal
To take responsibility for contributing to own training and development.
To ensure all ISO procedures associated with this job are done in line with documentation and any changes are managed according to ISO and FWF requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the apparel industry in a garment technology or development role and/or hold academic qualifications in garment design or technical subject
- Competent in CAD software such as Adobe Illustrator
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry/passion for the outdoors particularly hillwalking would be highly advantageous
This is a full-time position based at our head-office in Hyde, Greater Manchester, with some travel both here in the UK and overseas.
Interested??? then contact firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 2nd April 2021
Fit Model: Men's Medium Sprayway
We are currently looking for a male fit model (size medium) to assist in our product design & develop process here at our Manchester HQ.
You will fit to the following measurements:
Chest: 39”- 40”
Inside Leg: 32”
- Provide constructive feedback regarding the fit of garments during the fittings
- Comfortable standing in front of large groups
- Maintain measurements to ensure fits are accurate
- Available for fit sessions during working week
- A passion for the outdoors/hillwalking would be advantageous
Day rate and travel expenses covered.
Fit sessions will take place at our head office located in Hyde, 20 minutes by car from Manchester City Centre.
Fit the bill??? then contact email@example.com with your exact measurements and a full body photo.