Outdoor & Sports Company Limited Outdoor Group
The OSC Outdoor Group is a quintet of specialist brands dedicated to inspire participation in outdoor activity for everyone. The group owns Sprayway, Trekmates and Go-System, which together with distributed brands, Zempire Camping Equipment and Oboz Footwear, complete a comprehensive portfolio of outdoor gear, equipment and accessories. An outstanding opportunity now exists for a highly organised individual with a passion for the outdoors to join our Manchester based team.
Reporting to the Marketing manager, you will assist in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns that support the development of the Outdoor group brands both in the UK and internationally.
- To provide general admin assistance to the Marketing Manager.
- To be a point of contact for the sales team, retailers, sponsored athletes, organisations, and media partners and to offer them prompt accurate service.
- To assist in the creation of content, maintenance and updating of owned brand websites and social media channels.
- Support the organisation of events including sales meetings, consumer and international trade shows.
- To assist in the creation and production of support material for trade and consumer campaigns including workbooks, press releases, staff training videos, point of sale etc.
- Coordinate the PR activities of owned brands including liaising with external PR agency, creation and distribution of press releases / media communications and develop and maintain relationships with gear editors, key influencers and journalists
- To monitor the ordering and despatch of products for gear tests and promotion, and to follow up on the return and credit of these items.
- To assist in keeping the marketing office/brand showrooms tidy and well organised.
- To carry out any other job-related duties which may be requested from time to time by senior staff.
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A passion for the outdoors
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry would be advantageous
This is a full-time position based at our head-office in Hyde, Greater Manchester, with some travel both here in the UK and overseas.
Those interested in applying for this role should send their CV and a covering letter to Duncan Machin at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 8th March 2019